Printing Reconciliation Report

Options
BKD
BKD Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Quicken for Windows user. There is a way that you can automatically print a reconciliation report right after reconciling. There is setting to prompt you to print the report automatically rather than going to Report > Banking > Reconciliation. Can anyone help with where that setting is?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

The prompt comes up when you click on Done after reconciling. There is a Do not show again checkbox that disables it.

If you want the prompt to come back, go to Edit > Preferences> Alerts & Messages and click on the Reset Quicken Warnings button. This will re-enable all the warnings you have turned off, so you will have to re-check their Do not show boxes when they come up if you don't want to see them.

QWin Premier subscription
  • BKD
    BKD Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, Thanks Jim. Is that they only way?

• Jim_Harman
    Options

As far as I know the only way to re-enable the Reconciliation Report prompt is by resetting all the warnings.

• BKD
    BKD Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, i tried it and it didn't work. Talked to tech. support they couldn't get it to work either. But thanks for your help.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

What do you mean by "didn't work"?

Do you still not get the prompt to print the reconciliation report at the end of a manual reconciliation of a banking account? Note the prompt will not come up if there are no items to reconcile.

• BKD
    BKD Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I reconciled an account. The Tech support person walked me through what you had already told me, i closed Quicken and opened it up again. Still not report prompt. She was going to do some additional research and get back to me.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

If you have already reconciled the account and there are no new uncleared items, it will not give you the option to print the reconciliation report.

Hopefully next month when there are are new items, you will have the opportunity to print the report.

• BKD
    BKD Member ✭✭
    Options

ok thanks Jim. Have a Blessed day

This discussion has been closed.