Can I change a Tag type from "Other" to "Property?"

Options

I use Quicken Home Business & Rental Property version R51.12 on Windows 11. When I added a new rental property about a year ago, I inadvertently chose "Other" as the tag type. Because of this, that property doesn't show up in the Rent Center, nor are its transactions included in any Rental Property Cash Flow reports. How can I change the tag type to Property? Thanks in advance for any help.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not 100% sure that there isn't a way to rename a Tag Type, but I can't find it. Hopefully, somebody else will chime in here.

I would try to rename the incorrect Tag name and then, using the Rent Center, create the correct Property Tag.
    Use Edit / Find/Replace to change all incorrectly tagged transactions to the new property tag name.

This may not make old transactions appear in Rent Center and / or rental property reports … not sure about it and I don't have a good test environment to "play with this". But future transactions, once properly entered using the Rent Center should show in future reports.

This discussion has been closed.