Can't add Wells Fargo credit card to Bills and Income

Options

I'm using Quicken for Windows vR51.12 on Windows 11 Home.

I'm trying to add my Wells Fargo Visa card as an online bill under the Bills and Income tab. I already have the card setup to receive downloads and I'm using direct connect for the connection to Wells. I also have checking and savings accounts as well as investment account setup with Wells. When I click on the + in the upper right corner, select online biller, search and select Wells, I get a message that "No Accounts Found" and instructions on how to connect Wells to Quicken.

I don't understand how to get past this. All of my accounts appear on the account list and show that they are using Direct Connect. But, I'm not able to add the Wells Visa. At one point I had it setup and working, but somewhere along the line it got removed and now I can't add it back.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• CalB
    CalB Member
    Options

I was hoping that by now, someone would have replied. Doesn't Quicken monitor these? I was also hoping that this would be quicker than sitting on the phone or chat waiting for a rep to help.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I have another bill that I am unable to add as well, but thought that I would start with this one and hopefully it would resolve the other issue.

Thanks!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like your request fell into a black hole, never to be seen or heard from again … sorry.

Processing Bill Manager actions is totally separate from downloading transactions into Quicken.
    If "Repair Online Billers" doesn't do the trick, I would suggest you do this:

Bypass Bill Manager. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you.
    Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current credit card payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account.
    In parallel to that, in Quicken, every month, record a regular Scheduled Reminder to keep track of your payments before they come due.

• CalB
    CalB Member
    Options

Thanks for the response! I have seen your responses to people with similar problems and I think it is a great solution and would be a last resort. My preference is to keep everything in one place and that's the reason I am trying to get it to work in Quicken. I have been paying bills as you suggest as well as using the check pay option in Quicken. I am paying for Deluxe and am questioning if I need to continue with that plan if I can't get this working.

At one point, I got a message about some changes that would be coming related to people with Wells Fargo accounts. I never did see anything change so not sure if that is related to this or not. I can't find that message and I don't see any reference to it on the Quicken site.

Thanks for your help! I wish someone from Quicken would jump in and provide some assistance. I would think this should be pretty straightforward seeing as how it is with Wells Fargo and not a no-name bank.

This discussion has been closed.