Question regarding checkpay with split categories

Options

I am a >20 year Quicken/Windows R51.12 and on-line bill pay user. I just got off the phone with support about a new problem/question.

My question/problem is that ever since the new checkpay came out, I have been able to make a payment to a payee, lets call them "City." City has two categories. Up until this month, I could click on checkpay, go to City and enter the total and THEN the category's split amounts.

NOW, when I go to City, it grays out the total payment box and retains the split amounts from the prior month's payment.

I have just been instructed per phone support, that now, I must instead enter the split amounts FIRST and then the total payment will show in the grayed-out window.

It works, but this is an absurdly cumbersome change. Is there a workaround to get back to the more logical process of entering the total amount FIRST and then the split amounts?

Thanks.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you by chance using the splits to record credit card charges when paying a credit card bill?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• drseg
    drseg Member ✭✭
    Options

No. In this instance, I am using the split when paying a city water bill, splitting between the pool and the house, a practice I have followed for 20 years, and only this month have I not been able to issue a check with a split. I now must fill out the split so that the total will be correct, and then the total will be entered in the check pay.

This discussion has been closed.