History length - how far back should the data go?

Options
RubyP
RubyP Member ✭✭

My quicken for Mac desktop version has data going back to 2005, but the quicken on the web version only goes back to April 2022. I feel in the past it was much later history, but I had to re-sync due to some syncing issue, and now it just goes back a year.

How long is it supposed to go back? What can I do to make the web version go back longer?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Quicken on the Web companion app to Quicken for Mac or Windows only works with a small portion of your data. A freshly synced data file containing about 1 year's worth of transactions sounds about right.
    The Web app and the one for smartphones are not meant to be a complete replacement for the desktop/laptop programs. They try to conserve memory and reduce Sync times. And you only have limited functionality in those apps. Not all desktop features are available in the Web or smartphone apps.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Quicken on the Web companion app to Quicken for Mac or Windows only works with a small portion of your data. A freshly synced data file containing about 1 year's worth of transactions sounds about right.
    The Web app and the one for smartphones are not meant to be a complete replacement for the desktop/laptop programs. They try to conserve memory and reduce Sync times. And you only have limited functionality in those apps. Not all desktop features are available in the Web or smartphone apps.

This discussion has been closed.