Changing the password my FI provided me!

Options

Hello,

I recently registered for Quicken Direct Connect and my FI registered me and provided me a password but I would like to change it as it is not secure. Is there a way to change it via Quicken and it will transfer to my FI when I download my transactions or is my FI the only one who change the password for me as I know they are the only ones who can unlock me if I get locked out.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You will need to work with the FI to change the password, then change it in Quicken to match.

QWin Premier subscription
  • M_Rivera81
    M_Rivera81 Member
    Options

How do I change it in Quicken though? So what your saying is there is no way to change it on the Quicken side and it be updated to my FI. I will have to let my FI know what I want my new password to be?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Normally the username and password for downloading are the same ones you use to access the FI's website. If you want to change the password, you login there and change it in your profile. If the FI gave you a special password for downloading, you will have to contact them about how to get it changed.

In Quicken, FI passwords are stored in the Password Vault. To change a password there, go to Tools > Password Vault and select Add or edit passwords.

QWin Premier subscription
  • M_Rivera81
    M_Rivera81 Member
    Options

My FI has a seperate password and doesn't connect to DC via my User ID or Password for OLB. This helps clear up alot.

This discussion has been closed.