Double accounts (Q Mac)

Options

for some reason when i choose to update all accounts, new duplicate accounts are automatically created with $0 balances. I tried deleting these accounts and clicking the update button again, but these accounts reappear. Whats going on?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

What financial institution is this and what connection method?

Regardless of the answer to that, one possible solution is to, after this happens, select all transactions in one of the existing accounts and drag and drop them to the corresponding new account in the sidebar. The existing account will then be empty and you can delete it. Hopefully, the next connection will see the new account as an existing one and no longer keep creating new accounts.

Before doing this, be sure you have a backup to revert to in case anything gets messed up.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Ghettocounselor
    Options

I'm having this same issue. It's happening with both Fidelity and Shwab checking, savings, and investment accounts (IRA, 401k's, etc…). If I delete the accounts and update again they are recreated. The accounts all have a zero dollar balance and the same exact name as each of my other accounts.

• Ghettocounselor
    Options

When I check on Quicken Online all those same accounts have $0.00 balances. I'm guessing there's something messed up between the online Quicken Service and the financial institutions. Such that when my local Quicken app pulls from there it gets the $0.00 accounts and when I pull from the financial institutions it updates the previous accounts.

• JustAnotherDad
    Options

Its all Fidelity accounts. total of 5 accounts. a couple of which I have designated as "separate accounts" to be tracked outside of my accounts.

The 2 other responses above are the exact issue i am experiencing.

• RickO
    Options

You would not be able to use my suggestion to drag and drop transactions. That doesn't work for investment transactions.

This sounds like an issue with Sync. Try turning off Syne in Quicken Settings. See if that fixes it. If it does, make a backup of your file, then try resetting sync data in Settings.

• Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack Member ✭✭
    Options

RickO, Thanks. Turning off Sync resolved the double account issue after deleting the accounts and updating. I still get a Sync error message though.

• JustAnotherDad
    Options

i tried your suggestion but it didn't fix the issue of double accounts. Also, the error are still popping up.

I deleted the double accounts, they disconnected the sync of all of them. Then, i reconnected them and clicked the update button. results: double accounts and errors.

• RickO
    Options

It's not the individual account sync that needs to be turned off. It's the master Sync switch (sync to mobile and web) in Settings > Connected Services.

This discussion has been closed.