Error QCS-0400-8

Options
Dave91942
Dave91942 Member ✭✭

Hello, I've been having an issue for the past 72 hours or so that shows a Sync Error and the above code every time I try to sync. I've tried to follow the steps as suggested in other threads but I'm unable to Reset the Cloud Account in Connected Services… so I can't move forward with the instructions. Screen shots attached. Please help… Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Dave91942,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin any troubleshooting, please save a backup of your data file first (just in case).

You mentioned not being able to reset the Cloud. If you don't mind, could you please further elaborate and provide details on what exactly occurs when you attempt to reset the cloud?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave91942
    Dave91942 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the prompt I get when I try to turn off Sync…

• Dave91942
    Dave91942 Member ✭✭
    Options

And this is the one I get when I try to reset the cloud. Four of the five pages are like this with the last one stating that a certain number of transactions didn't match… but same error code.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for following up with additional details.

In that case then, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Dave91942
    Dave91942 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Same problem after following the steps.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for following up, I am sorry that you are still experiencing this error. 

Next, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Then, follow the instructions provided below to remove the cloud account from your main data file (this does not affect your data saved with your file).

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
    4. Click Disable Sync
    5. Close Preferences
    6. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    7. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    8. Preferences...
    9. Connected Services
    10. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    11. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    12. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    13. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    14. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    15. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    16. Preferences...
    17. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    18. Click Enable Sync

Once the sync completes, see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Dave91942
    Dave91942 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello, the problem has been resolved but I added a few steps… your suggestion worked but only after I disconnected all of the accounts and then did your steps, then reconnected all of the steps.

Third time was the charm… thanks!

• vineet86
    Options

Hello,

I tried all the steps, but I am still getting the same error. Please advise.

Thanks.

• philipdturner
    Options

Had same problem. Probably some bug with their recent changes to Quicken Cloud. Had to follow Dave91982's advice and…

After disabling sync, going to another quicken file then removing the cloud account, going back to the original quicken file, then

disconnecting all accounts (a pain), then Preferences→Connected Services→Reset (cloud account)

Then enabling sync, connect all accounts (a bigger pain). Seems to work.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

@Dave94215 thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. 🙂

@vineet86 if you are still experiencing the issue after performing the steps provided above, then we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• vineet86
    Options

I just tried the steps again, and unfortunately same results.

Before I call support, do I have to use Cloud Services? I don't need to sync this file to web or mobile. I just need to be able to download transactions. How do I disable cloud services all together?

Thank you.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

@vineet86 Cloud Sync is only necessary if you use either of the Quicken Companion apps (Quicken Mobile app and Quicken on the Web). If you do not use either of the Companion apps then you can disable Cloud Sync by following the instructions below.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
    4. Click Disable Sync

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• vineet86
    Options

Yes, I have disabled sync. But I still keep getting the error message. Is there some other step I am missing?

• Quicken Anja
    Options

@vineet86 Thank you for following up again.

If none of the steps provided previously in this thread are successful in resolving the Sync Error, then you are likely experiencing the issue described in this Community Alert. Our teams are aware and are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to the Community Alert for any and all updates and information as they become available.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• vineet86
    Options

Ok I will keep an eye on the alert. Could you please clarify if until the issue is resolved, will my online transactions download function work or will that not work?

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.