Quicken "Not Responding"

Options

The server issue thread on 1 Sep 23 said the issue was resolved. Not sure if my issue is same or not. I have Quicken Windows Subscription and the program is up to date. I worked in program for an hour or so and all was fine until I attempted to do a One Step Update. My program froze and when I clicked the mouse, it remained locked up and gave me a "not responding" window, asking to either wait for program or close. At first I waited, but after 10 minutes I closed. Tried again—same result. Looked online and saw suggestion of validating and super validating my file. I did both and both times, the program locked up and gave me the "not responding" window. I have rebooted my machine a couple of times and reopened the program, but to no avail. Could certainly use some help here. Thanks.

Comments

• scotty3333
    Options

I probably should have added: I did not get an error code.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like Quicken can't find your data file. Is it located on an internet server instead of your local C: drive?

• scotty3333
    Options

It's on a local drive.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would discourage you (and every user) from killing Quicken and risking data corruption.

"Not responding" does not mean "dead". It only means the QWin process is not handling Windows events. I have waited almost an hour once or twice, and QWin comes back. Find something else to do for a while.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.