TD Ameritrade transitions to Charles Schwab, completed

Options
LittleMasti
LittleMasti Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Finally, the TD Ameritrade transition to Charles Schwab was completed on 9/5, and I see all the data in my Charles Schwab account. Any suggestions on how to switch the account from TD to Charles in Quicken without losing any history data? Under the Account Details and Online Service Tab, I don't see an option to switch financial institutions.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Followed the instructions and deactivated the accounts, renamed them and activated them. Everything worked. Transactions since the beginning of June were downloaded but I simply deleted all those except for one. There was a transaction for a few cents worth of interest from the cash in the account. I accepted that one. I had to delete 47 transactions one by one. Took a few minutes and was a bit tedious but it worked.

• SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

I followed the option of keeping my old Ameritrade accounts, disconnecting them from Ameritrdae and then reconnecting them with Schwab - no issues with the connection and linking but was prepared ahead of time with account numbers (old and new) and that helped match the accounts - the $ amounts (while not exact because of the change in stock prices) helped as a 2nd layer of accuracy. There were several "add shares" which I deleted and a cash transfer (which was a duplicate - also deleted). I reconciled and then renamed each my of Ameritrade accounts with a new name. I was anxious about messing up - but a bit of planning ahead of time worked.

• Jeff44@
    Jeff44@ Member ✭✭
    Options

My experience was not as smooth. I am using Quicken Mac 7.2.2. I created an off line Schwab account and then imported my TDA Ameritrade history going back 20 years into the new Schwab account. Everything transferred perfectly. The trouble began with my first Schwab download. The transaction history no longer correlates with the portfolio view. There are errors everywhere. Quicken was of no help, but the gentlemen from Schwab seemed very knowledgeable. He agreed there were errors in transfer between Schwab and Quicken. He was going to escalate the issue. I have not heard back since yesterday.

Fortunately I have backups that I will use if these issues are cleared up.

• LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

In my experience, Quicken Mac is always a problem. I have to switch from Mac to Windows because of recurring problems. [Removed - Speculation]

This discussion has been closed.