Dropdown list missing files

Options
jcm48
jcm48 Member ✭✭

I moved all my files/programs to a new laptop last year, and since then my files are a mess. I can't find my Quicken data files by searching through my folders on File Explorer, and the Quicken dropdown list under "File" "Open Quicken File" only contains 3 of my files. Yet I can find all the files by going into Search Quicken - all files. I'm totally confused…can someone point me in the right direction?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The frequently used list on the File menu only stores the last 4 data files you have opened.

As for the difference between what you can find in Windows File Explorer and searching using Quicken's File → "Find Quicken Data Files". The Quicken search isn't doing anything special and you should be able to find them in Windows File Explorer especially if you look at the Location column for that data file in Quicken's "Find Quicken Data Files". Do make sure that Windows File Explorer is set to show hidden folders just in case you put one or more of you Quicken data files under a hidden folder.

Example:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.