File repair breaks online update

Options
agold1
agold1 Member

Hi, I recently had a broblem where after an automatic quicken software upgrade, the password vault was empty. I was instructed to go back to the backup file taken by the update, restore that and then repair it. After the repair, online update was still broken: Accounts were deactivated from online update and when I re-enabled them, i got a message that I could only do that by renewing my membership… which BTW still had 7 months left on it. So I was forced to give more money to intuit just to get the product working again!

I still cant get all my accounts to update properly…. the update just hangs on processing without ever completing.

Long story short, the problem seems to me to be with the file repair. It somehow seems to erase any record of a quicken subscription and then disables all accounts for online update. If you use online updates - file repair is not safe to use. Lots of bugs in the new windows release…. (from beginning September 2023)

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're getting "membership expired" out of the blue, please do this:

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    • Click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side.
    • Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your existing Quicken ID.

Somehow the connection between your Quicken data file and the Quicken server was lost. The above process refreshes the subscription information.

This discussion has been closed.