Updating Quicken for Mac Version 7.2.2 for Bank of the West/BMO merger

Options
Levanah10
Levanah10 Member ✭✭

Here's the issue I'm dealing with (copied from user "Hickeymommy", in the Q-Windows area):

How do I set up my update tool to work with the Bank of the West/BMO merger? The account #'s are the same - they claim the routing # should not need to be changed except if you have been told and they set up a new BMO account. Will my transactions be sync'd? 

Hello - I'm using Quicken for Mac Version 7.2.2 & I have the same Bank of the West/BMO merger issue as described above, but the instructions posted in the answer from Jeffrey Wilens in the Q-Windows section don't apply to me—the Mac menu setup is different. Searching the community-wide discussions only turns up directions for Windows; what are the instructions for Q-Mac? It would be helpful to post this publicly in the forum; thanks.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The instructions are pretty similar for Mac:

1. Right click on the account in the Account sidebar.
    2. On the Downloads tab, click the Disconnect Account button. Confirm you want to disconnect in the popup dialog box.
    3. Right click on the account again in the Account sidebar.
    4. On the Downloads tab, click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type "Bank of Montreal" into the search bar. Select Bank of Montreal in the search results & select Continue.
    6. Select the appropriate connection method on the next screen (looks like Quicken Connect is the only one supported) and click Continue.
    7. Enter your login credentials on the next screen & select Sign In.
    8. On the next screen, for each BMO bank account click on the Action pulldown and select the correct Quicken account that corresponds to that bank account. When all of them are set up correctly (and you really need to double check this step), click the Continue button.
    9. If everything works correctly you can just click Finish on the next screen.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The instructions are pretty similar for Mac:

1. Right click on the account in the Account sidebar.
    2. On the Downloads tab, click the Disconnect Account button. Confirm you want to disconnect in the popup dialog box.
    3. Right click on the account again in the Account sidebar.
    4. On the Downloads tab, click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type "Bank of Montreal" into the search bar. Select Bank of Montreal in the search results & select Continue.
    6. Select the appropriate connection method on the next screen (looks like Quicken Connect is the only one supported) and click Continue.
    7. Enter your login credentials on the next screen & select Sign In.
    8. On the next screen, for each BMO bank account click on the Action pulldown and select the correct Quicken account that corresponds to that bank account. When all of them are set up correctly (and you really need to double check this step), click the Continue button.
    9. If everything works correctly you can just click Finish on the next screen.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.