How to setup Quicken, to view: my spending, spouse's spending, and shared spending

holmanranch
holmanranch Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Hi - I am new to Quicken and need some advice. My goal is to be able to view spending in three primary categories:

• My spending
  • Spouse's spending
  • Shared spending

Each of the above categories may have some similar subcategories, such as entertainment, travel, business etc, and some unique categories. We have a shared bank account, and separate credit cards (sometimes we use the credit cards for shared expenses). What is the best way to use categories, tags etc to achieve this?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well you can set up separate categories for each spouse but I would use Tags. Either add the Tag field to the register or enter a Tag with the category by entering a slash like Travel/wife. Then you can filter or sort the report by Tags.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well you can set up separate categories for each spouse but I would use Tags. Either add the Tag field to the register or enter a Tag with the category by entering a slash like Travel/wife. Then you can filter or sort the report by Tags.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• holmanranch
    holmanranch Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Fantastic!! Thank you for the quick and thorough responses responses volvogirl and RickO. I really appreciate it!

This discussion has been closed.