Online Bills that use MFA do not prompt for the MFA code?

Options

I am running Quicken for Windows on my Windows 11 Surface Pro. I am fully up to date on Quicken (I update whenever I am prompted). I have been unable to get Comcast/Xfinity billing information or Rocket Mortgage billing information. Both of these accounts have MFA set up. When I try to "Fix It" I am prompted for my username and password. Quicken then thinks about this for 30-60 seconds. Meanwhile I am given the MFA code on my phone. However, Quicken never asks for this MFA code so it can spit it back to the biller. Instead I am informed that Quicken will work on this "in the background" (yeah, right). I don't have any billers which use a TOTP, but I wonder how well that would integrate into Quicken. Perhaps it's me, but I wonder whether Quicken is so proud of its own security system they don't realize other providers also have nice security systems. One final observation, given the Rocket Mortgage is an Intuit company, I would almost expect a more seamless integration. The support for biweekly payments seems non-existent. I have to jump through hoops to get everything playing nicely together.

Thank you.

Peter

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried the Repair Online Billers process yet?

If all else fails, I recommend you bypass Bill Manager altogether and let the biller's website do all the work for you.
    Logon to their website once, set up their Autopay (APS, Direct Debit, etc.) service to automatically deduct the next and all future payments (monthly, every other week, etc) from your checking account or a credit card on due date.
    In Quicken use a Scheduled Reminder that is not defined as an Online Payment to make matching payments. Ensure these reminders are posted in your data file a least a day or two BEFORE the debit transactions are downloaded from the bank accounts. Upon transaction download Quicken will be able to match the downloaded data with the already existing register transactions and … case closed. No more hoops to go through.

This discussion has been closed.