How to remove an item from the password vault?

Options

How does one remove an entry from the password vault? For example, I have closed my accounts with Capital One but the userid and password are still stored in the password vault. (I thought they would be removed by closing the account but this does not seem to be the case.)

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was able to resolve this issue. Through further research I discovered there was an old ING account that still had online access setup under Capital One. I deactivated this instance and the Capital One entry was removed from the password vault.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad you found your answer, it was definitely a snake hiding in the weeds. As you found, de-activating One Step Update for all of the accounts that use an account login at the financial institution removes that information from the password vault.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was able to resolve this issue. Through further research I discovered there was an old ING account that still had online access setup under Capital One. I deactivated this instance and the Capital One entry was removed from the password vault.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad you found your answer, it was definitely a snake hiding in the weeds. As you found, de-activating One Step Update for all of the accounts that use an account login at the financial institution removes that information from the password vault.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, … looking inside the Password Vault will show you which account register is still activated for downloading.
    Click on the line with the bank userID. At the bottom of the view a yellow line will pop up and tell you the name of the account register(s).

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you UKR. That is good to know.

This discussion has been closed.