Suggestion -- Use a quote provider which provides corporate bond prices by CUSIP ID

Options
gaheld57
gaheld57 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments

Many people (such as myself) who use Quicken to follow investments own corporate bonds which do not have a unique Ticker Symbol but do have a unique CUSIP ID.

At present, the prices of these bonds are only updated for days which I perform a one step update (the prices come from the online connection to investment bank).

If Quicken is serious about making it's product useful for investors, it should find a way to import historical prices of bonds through cusip id through an independent quote provider.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• gaheld57
    gaheld57 Member ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone on the Quicken development team read these posts?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This forum is separate from product development.

You have corporate bonds that are so volatile that you might sell based on daily price that you need to track them often? I sure don't.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• MichiganAl
    MichiganAl Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

R J Squirrel must not reconcile their bond investments to the broker's statement. I do, and I look for the value of my holdings to match. This reconciliation process is much easier with an updated price at the end of the month.