How to go back to a previous version of Quicken Canada (edit)

Options
Danielle Dallaire
Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a Canadian user of Quicken for Windows 10. My version is :

I want to go back to the version that was valid before June 2023, date which started to go awray with Webview2 runtime.

I can't download anything now, not ever today's prices in my portfolio. Don't ask about transactions in my accounts !

There must be a way because I am going crazy right now ! Quicken doesn't answer any of our questions and doesn't seem to be concerned with our problems.

Your help would be very much appreciated. Please forgive my English.

Have a nice day

Danielle

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

HUM…. good question

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes … here are the release notes…

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can download and install the desired version from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has-1 .

With QWin US there is no need to uninstall the currently installed version. During the installation process the older version will over-write the newer version. I'm assuming that it will work the same way with QWin Canada.

I hope this helps you.

(BTW, your English is fine.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

even if you install a previous version - it will automagically update to the latest release available… unless you have setup Windows with User Access Control UAC to limit and control software installation

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Ah, yes, the UAC settings….I should have mentioned that. Here is how I have mine set. Every time Quicken tries to automatically update the version Windows prompts me to decide whether or not to let the update proceed so I can keep my installed version until I am ready to update the version.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for this suggestion. I did try to download the patch dating April 2023. I followed the instructions but sadly, my Q version stayed the same. It looks like the patch doesn't open normally because nothing happens. Is it because I renewed my membership on Sept 1st ?

Since I use Windows in French, can't find the control center you are talking about.

Frankly, I don't know anymore what I can do. 3 months now I am unable to use my app normally. I can't call the customer service because it is a long distance call for me. Last time I did that, it costed me 18$ ! Q is supposed to help me manage my money, not spend it.

Any new suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you all !

Danielle

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2023
    Options

I did try to download the patch dating April 2023. I followed the instructions but sadly, my Q version stayed the same. It looks like the patch doesn't open normally because nothing happens. Is it because I renewed my membership on Sept 1st ?

Your renewal of membership on Sept 1 should not have stopped you from downgrading the version you are using. After you downloaded and saved the patch file to your hard drive, did you right click on that downloaded file and select Run as administrator?

If do did not do that, then do it. But do not do it until you get your UAC settings adjusted. If you try to downgrade the version without first adjusting your UAC settings, then the next time you open and run Quicken you will likely be upgraded to the current version, again.

Since I use Windows in French, can't find the control center you are talking about.

To find the UAC setting popup: Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Change User Account Control Settings. In order to be able to do this you might need to be running your computer as an Administrator.

If because of the language difference you still are having difficulty finding the UAC settings, you could try to search the Internet for UAC. That should bring up some web articles showing you how to find and adjust the UAC settings.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Thank you. With your well described way to get there, I found the UAC you mentionned. Then I right clicked as an administrator on the downloaded file while Q is closed, but again, after restart, Q stayed at my R51.11 version. It didn't change a thing.

So I am back to square one. This problem is unsolvable. Until somebody at Q head office pull their fingers out of their noses and start to give us what we paid for, we are stuck. And it sucks.

Thank you again. Have a nice day

Danielle

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@Danielle Dallaire - You might want to confirm that your UAC setting is set to Always notify. If it is not set to that, change the setting to that and then click on OK (very important) to save the setting.

Then download the R48.15 patch (from April 2023), again, from https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has-1 , just to make sure you have the correct version downloaded.

Right click click on the R48.15 patch that you downloaded and select Run as Administrator.

Your Quicken installation should now be reverted to R48.15. Confirm it at Help > About Quicken.

When you open and run Quicken in the future, if Quicken tries to update the Quicken version, there should be Windows popup asking if you want to let the update to proceed. Be sure to decline (I think it will be a "No" button).

Let me know whether or not this resolved the issue for you.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Thank you.

I found a new reason I can't download anything : it seems Quicken hasn't renewed my susbscription which ended on September 1st. It did indeed renew by itself with my credit card because the debit has been inscribed in my card transactions. What can I do to to correct that before I go further in the "going back to the future" with Quicken ?

Is there a way I can reach Q other than paying for a long distance call ? Like a 1-800 number ? Do you know ?

Have a nice day !

Danielle

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Official Quicken toll-free number is 1-888-311-7276 (which is now hard to track down; any other numbers online are typically/all scams). If you have Quicken PREMIUM, [Removed - Premium Support Phone Number] for front-of-the-line service (which can be found in your Quicken Profile).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Sometimes when the Quicken subscription renews that new subscription information does not get updated in the Quicken installation. When this happens the following will often resolve that issue: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > YES > Sign Out > when prompted, sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.

Your Quicken installation should now be properly sync'd with your online Quicken account and should no longer be an issue.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Hi,

I am sorry to tell you that because of the Webview2 runtime issue, every time Quicken has to reach out to the outside world (Windows, internet, downloading, etc.) the problem is in my face and closes Quicken without giving me any other exit.

I started another discussion and somebody from Quicken answered my question with different suggestions byt with the same result. It is a circle without an end.

Thank you

Danielle

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Sorry, but this appears to be beyond my ability to help. I think your best bet is to call Quicken Support at the phone number(s) provided by @smayer97 above.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.