Paypal Credit Account

Options
2»

Comments

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Options

I did the download for PayPal Credit using the financial institution of PayPal Credit, it connected but did not download any transaction. Went to PayPal Credit and exported the current transaction, When I imported to Quicken it set the financial institution is Synchrony. Checking the qfx file it showed <ORG>SYNCB. Looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Quicken support needs to address this, working with Synchrony, and get it straight. Not ignore it and mark the issue as Resolved.

• erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    Options

It worked for me. At least today.

• Tonester62
    Tonester62 Member ✭✭
    Options

It continues to work for me this morning allowing me to download additional transactions from PayPal Mastercard since yesterday.

Btw, during the days when it wasn't working, I did a couple of things below a few times:

• Reset the online connection (deactivate and set up again)
    • Signed out of QuickenID and signed back in with the same ID. I read previously that this will force Quicken to get a new token from PayPal.
      • Do a full Back up first jic
      • From the top menu, select Edit → Preferences → Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts → click on "Sign in as a different user"
      • Type in "yes"
      • Log back in with the same Quicken ID

Not sure if the second bullet made any difference, but hopes this help. This has been the 3rd time this year for me that the connection to PayPal Mastercard has been broken for longer than a week. Apparently the connection to PayPal (with Synchrony as the primary bank behind the scene) has been quite a challenge for Quicken to hande smh

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Options

Followed steps above. Did not work for me!

• arvali
    arvali Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I found something useful at least in my case. I have a PayPal Cashback Mastercard and a PayPal Credit account. They are separate in account number, credit line, etc., etc. - two unique accounts in Quicken. When I deactivated the Mastercard account because it was not downloading, I did not do so for the PayPal Credit account. The reason Quicken wasn't letting me add it to Quicken as I showed earlier, was because it was treating the PayPal Credit account as the Mastercard account, and did not allow me to add it to Quicken again. Fine. I deactivated online services for the PayPal Credit account, and tried to set up the Mastercard account. Sure enough, it linked the account, downloaded, and everything is fine for the Mastercard account. Now, when I go back to set up the PayPal Credit account again using PayPal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto as the institution, it then thinks the Mastercard account is the PayPal credit account and won't let me add it. Should I be using "PayPal" as the institution instead of "PayPal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto" as the institution? It doesn't make sense to me, because "PayPal Credit" is right there in the description for what used to work for both accounts. I am confused.

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Options

I never had my PayPal Credit/Cash account set up in Quicken, only the PayPal Mastercard. When I try to activate downloads, doesn't find either!

• Hoserred58
    Hoserred58 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I finally got  the Mastercard account linked and was able to download my transactions. Like arvali, I have a PayPal Cashback Mastercard and a PayPal Credit account. I used his tip and deactivated both accounts, before setting up online services for the Mastercard account only. This time it linked the account, downloaded, and everything is fine for the Mastercard account.

Since I have not used the PayPal Credit account in over a year, I will leave it as it is……..

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Options

Looking further into the accounts, PayPal Credit, Lowes Consumer Credit Card and CareCredit. These accounts are all processed by synchrony bank. Looks like Quicken is trying to connect to Synchrony.com, but for these cards they are accessed online at MySynchrony.com for consumer credit cards, not synchrony cards. I think Quicken needs to address this with Synchrony or let the user community know that these accounts cannot be updated with Onestep Update.

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@BobF730, where did you find on the PayPal Credit site to download the transactions?

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• jwatsonx
    jwatsonx Member ✭✭
    Options

this is an ongoing issue for many. I have the same issue. It is a Quicken/PayPal issue. We have all been synching PayPal for years with no issues until earlier this year. Please resolve. It is mindboggling that I have been reaching out to Quicken support for months now and none of your techs have any idea about this issue. That is one of the reasons I decided to SUBSCRIBE to Quicken, so I would be able to get technical support with issues like this.

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Options

@jordan.jacob, The downloads in PayPal Credit can be found by clicking on Activity, scroll to the bottom of the results and you should see Export. I clicked on Quicken as the format and generated the qfx file

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Options

To Quicken Support is this an ongoing issue (Not being able to download Pay Pal Credit) or are you looking at it with a blind eye and saying it is resolved?

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@BobF730, thank you! I feel like an idiot, I believe I had been overlooking it the entire time. I had no clue it was on the bottom right.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• stevedm1
    stevedm1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue as many above. I have PayPal (what Quicken calls Checking), PayPal Credit, and PayPal Mastercard. Everything downloaded fine until recently. I kept losing the MC and Credit connection. Reauthorized PayPal Mastercard a few times and it finally stayed linked, but the PayPal Credit account is not found. Come on, Quicken…

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

These types of issues seem to be taking longer and longer to resolve. When is this going be fixed?

• pastchief8
    pastchief8 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

So I opened a ticket on a different type of issue and received an email saying the ticket was closed. No details so messaged customer support. They said the ticket was still open. Quicken has a really bad customer support/ticket system. And yes, I'm having this issue with PayPal Credit. They probably don't know how to fix it.🤬

• Timothy A Wagner
    Options

Still an issue. Quicken support innocently acts like it is the first time they have ever heard the issue. So many people have the same issue. PayPal is no help either. Since Synchrony took over this and other companies cards, every account I have that Synchrony manages no longer downloads. So frustrating.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

is there some way to escalate to a higher support level as this issue is going on for too long with no resolution.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still no mention of Quicken working on correcting the issue with PayPal Credit. This needs to be fixed!!!

• Austin_dirks
    Austin_dirks Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I'm at my end. Will be switching to Quickbooks as it looks like this is the only fix. 1 star for Quicken support. Paypal/Quicken is far too large of a connection liability to ignore.

• turboterrapin
    Options

I just signed up for Quicken Classic and getting this issue. January 19, 2024.

"Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Support - what is going on with this issue? I have seen no comments of when this will be fixed.

• Rickyrat69
    Rickyrat69 Member ✭✭
    Options

been using quicken since the beginning I think back in 1985. It is now the worst ever. I also have been trying to resolve this problem forever with no help or results. :(

• sghesq
    sghesq Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not downloading transactions from Paypal Credit. No errors, asks for, provides, and accepts security token, runs through "update," but nothing is downloaded. This has been going on for MONTHS! Quicken, when is this going to be resolved? 02-15-24

This discussion has been closed.