Wells Fargo Download Failing

Options
nmccollu
nmccollu Member ✭✭

The Wells Fargo bank download has failed all day today. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @nmccollu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are getting an OL-393 error, then yes, many people have been encountering that issue. You can view the main thread here:

If you are encountering a different issue, please provide more details so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina. After some additional research it appears bill payment transactions are processing (as I get a duplicate transaction message when I try again). However I still get a general "download failed" error so it appears the download is partially but not completely working.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I saw you posted on the main Wells Fargo thread saying that your download is working now. Is that correct, or did you still need assistance?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    Options

That is correct. Thanks for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it is downloading correctly now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As of this writing, I can confirm that the Wells Fargo transaction download connection issue has been resolved.

• JOHN D L
    JOHN D L Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having a different problem with Wells Fargo downloads. Quicken displays show there are transactions downloaded, but they do not appear in the downloaded transaction list. If I try to reconcile, I get the message that I need to accept the downloaded transactions first, but they aren't on the list. Same thing if I attempt to reset the account. My connection method is Direct Connect. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

First troubleshooting step is to restart your computer. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try deactivating and reactivating the account. If difficulties persist, restore a known-good data file.

• JOHN D L
    JOHN D L Member ✭✭
    Options

Neither thing helps. If I try to deactivate the account, I get a message that I need to accept the downloaded transactions first, but they don't show up in the downloaded transaction list.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried validating and super validating your data file?

• JOHN D L
    JOHN D L Member ✭✭
    Options

How do I do that? Never done those before.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

• JOHN D L
    JOHN D L Member ✭✭
    Options

That worked! Thank you, Ralph. Should one validate their file periodically? I've been a Quicken user for over 22 years now and I never did it. I noticed some of the errors go back to 2000.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I validate at least weekly so that any errors are found in a timely fashion in case I do have to restore a file, which then would need to be brought up to date.

This discussion has been closed.