Unable to correctly link with Schwab accounts

Options
dpm8906
dpm8906 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Have been trying to link up with my new Schwab accounts since the TDAmeritrade merger and have had limited success. Despite getting the encouraging report below my 3 new accounts at Schwab are not visible in Quicken. Quicken is confusing my Roth, IRA, and Brokerage accounts. What's up?

Your accounts have been authorized successfully!

You will now be redirected back to Quicken. If you are not redirected in a few seconds, you can close this window and return to Quicken.

Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Despite getting the encouraging report below my 3 new accounts at Schwab are not visible in Quicken."

That statement can be translated to "The 3 new Schwab accounts I created in Quicken are not shown in the Account Bar." Is that what you are experiencing?

When you go back to Quicken after closing that window (I've never had it redirect) you should be seeing a screen where the 3 accounts at Schwab are listed and an "action" drop-down menu where you can either Add a new Account, Link it to an existing Account, or ignore it all together. If you've not previously created a manual (non-downloading) new Schwab Account for each account at Schwab, you'd select "Add", and if you did create those Accounts in Quicken you'd select "Link."

And how is Quicken confusing the 3 Accounts? You should be the one controlling how the accounts at Schwab align with your Accounts in Quicken.

I'd suggest adding some detail here as to what you're seeing and doing after closing the window that tells you your accounts at Schwab are authorized for downloading.

This discussion has been closed.