Old Back Up Files (Q Mac)

Options
Alexander940
Alexander940 Member ✭✭

In Automatic Backup folder I have over 40 back up files. Can I delete some of them and just keep the most recent back Up?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes you can. But it's probably better to keep a few in case your most recent backup also has whatever problem you're trying to solve by restoring from a backup. I tend to keep daily for the last few days, and stash away a monthly backup that I keep indefinitely (in a different folder) in case I need to look at something from a long time ago.

Take a look at Quicken > Settings > General in the File Backup section. There you can set the number of automatic backups you want to retain so that the number doesn't just keep growing and growing.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes you can. But it's probably better to keep a few in case your most recent backup also has whatever problem you're trying to solve by restoring from a backup. I tend to keep daily for the last few days, and stash away a monthly backup that I keep indefinitely (in a different folder) in case I need to look at something from a long time ago.

Take a look at Quicken > Settings > General in the File Backup section. There you can set the number of automatic backups you want to retain so that the number doesn't just keep growing and growing.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.