QMac: Create report with monthly totals

Options
lynn-in-nc
lynn-in-nc Member
edited October 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I'm trying to create a report for certain categories that shows totals for these categories by month. I found a question about this which referred to a setting for monthly in the report creation window, but I'm not able to see this. Any tips appreciated!

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

From the Reports menu, click Create Summary Report. Then set the buttons as follows:

Click Continue to Customize, then set the time period you want to cover and click the Categories tab if you want to restrict to only certain categories.

The above is for current QMac subscription version. If you are still using QMac 2017, start with Create Report in the Reports menu. After that, the process is similar.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

From the Reports menu, click Create Summary Report. Then set the buttons as follows:

Click Continue to Customize, then set the time period you want to cover and click the Categories tab if you want to restrict to only certain categories.

The above is for current QMac subscription version. If you are still using QMac 2017, start with Create Report in the Reports menu. After that, the process is similar.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • lynn-in-nc
    Options

AHA! That's what I was missing, I did a transaction report instead. Thanks!!

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

If you have a report where either the rows or columns are some increment of time, there's typically a pulldown at the top of the report where you can change the time setting. For example, the Category Summary report:

But reports that aren't grouping by time won't have that. Which report specifically are you looking at?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.