Since version 7.1 amortization not working properly …

Options
Blava
Blava Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in All Things Canadian (Mac)

After upgrade from version 7.0.4 to version 7.1 amortization for existing loans went haywire.

Initially the 7.1 introduced bug where in the next scheduled loan payment the principal and interest values are assigned from scheduled payment after that and skips the proper values. That incorrectly reports amortization schedule as 1 month short in remaining payments. There is no way to correct this …

… in another words

The next payment shown in amortization schedule and scheduled payments (August 1) is actually the amount due for September 1. The correct amount that should be due August 1 is skipped as if already paid, and what should be due on September 1 is shown as due on August 1.

I have set up few test accounts in VM to monitor this behavior, only to find that version 7.2.2 behaves totally random depending on what version of Mac OS I am running. For example the principal calculated for next payment shows correctly in graphical header, yet the amount that's entered in ledger is different and under different versions of Mac OS it will calculate different principal and interest values.

I have reported this. Unfortunately it has not been addressed yet.

…see the screen shot for one of the examples mentioned above.

… here the payments remaining is wrong as well. should be 232.

This discussion has been closed.