System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Bank of America credit card account not showing up on list to link

Comments

• LostUser
    LostUser Member ✭✭
    Options

I have experienced the same for years (with others than BoA).

Was told once here to just use Web Connect if linking through Express Web Connect (EWC) didn't work. Fine…but Web Connect is not always available!

I called Support a few days ago for this same issue and the file ended up freezing while following their guidance. They then advised to wait and try again a day later. Still didn't work and had to restore from a backup and rebuild all the connections…except for the ones still not showing on the link lists…..!

It shouldn't be too hard to let the user pick whatever account he wants to link from the complete active accounts list instead of letting Quicken shrink down the list based on unknown and unreliable criteria.

The worst part is that Quicken tries to take a guess on what account should be the linked one and often will list an account that is not even with the institution you are looking at and IS ALREADY LINKED with another institution (and not even the same type, like trying to link to a checking account when the type is "brokerage"). Obviously, this linking process is in need of a lot of work.

I see many on the forum having similar issues, but not sure it is enough to get Quicken's attention…..or maybe there is another avenue for reporting such bugs.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @LostUser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LostUser
    LostUser Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina.

As mentioned in my post, i already have contacted Support directly and not only they were not able to help but following what they advised me to do while on the phone they managed to get my file to freeze and I had to do a restore from backup.

It sounds like Support is aware of the issue but does not really know what to do about it. Before my file froze, one solution they suggested was to create a new account, hoping it would show on the list, link to it, and then transfer all transactions to it from the account that doesn't want to link back.

I would rather Quicken look deep into this lingering issue and solve it once and for all.

Thank you for your trying to help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have already spoken to Quicken Support and they weren't able to help, I would recommend sending a Problem Report. To do that, go to Help>Report a problem. It should have the necessary log files selected by default. Please include the following information in the report to help with investigating the issue: The name of the Quicken file where you are encountering the issue, what steps you were following when the issue occurred, which financial institutions are impacted (for example, trying to connect a US Bank account and Quicken tries to link to a Wells Fargo account in the file), if you've found a work around, what steps you've used to bypass the issue, and provide screenshots of the issue (if possible). While you do not receive a response for problem reports submitted through the program, these submissions do go directly to a database that is accessible by members of our Product and Development teams, escalation teams, and other internal support channels.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.