R52.20 disregarding mobile sync switch which is OFF (edit)

Options
augustinejp
augustinejp Member ✭✭

Just went through the routine update from 51.12 to 52.20. Opened my Quicken file and watched the online sync occur which zeroed out my Wells Fargo mortgage account. I have the mobile and web sync turned off. But the update DISREGARDED that switch and messed up my account. Unfortunately, I did have my Wells Fargo account linked at one point in time, but no longer downloading. I removed the online services from that mortgage account so this won't happen again, but it should not have been a problem if the do-not-sync setting was verified and honored by the update.

I had to reinstall 51.12, turn off internet access on my laptop, run Quicken, and remove Wells Fargo online services. Enabled internet access and ran my weekly transaction downloads and all seems better again. Checked the support community and looks like lots of other issues with 52.xx, so I'll be holding off any more updates until the bugs get squashed.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just a clarification on your terminology and descriptions….

The Quicken SYNC only refers to the Quicken Cloud services supporting Quicken Mobile App and Quicken on the Web.

One Step Update refers to the process of downloading from institutions as per your Online linking.

So - Not sure what "process" this actually refers to …
     Opened my Quicken file and watched the online sync occur which zeroed out my Wells Fargo mortgage account.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• augustinejp
    augustinejp Member ✭✭
    Options

My apologies and thank you Ps56k2 for requesting clarification. I hope this helps:

1. Ran Quicken and initiated the program update to 52.20.
    2. Started Quicken.
    3. Entered the password for the Quicken file.
    4. Recognized the typical screen for Quicken web and mobile sync that initiated all by itself. I did not request it.
      1. I did not get a screen shot of this - sorry - happened too fast
      2. I used to use the web and mobile sync to the cloud so the pop-up that I saw was that of the web/mobile sync even though I have that disabled in Quicken.
      3. There was no way to stop or cancel this process.
    5. My mortgage account balance went to $0 when the sync finished.

Sorry for the more rant-like post above. This has not been the only time an app update messed up my accounts. I wrote it out of frustration with Quicken for these glitches to go through seemingly untested. Just trying to share my experience in case others have similar results.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tnx for the update …

After this Sync - did you look at the setting - and was it still Disabled - or did the update Enable it ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• augustinejp
    augustinejp Member ✭✭
    Options

It was still disabled.

This discussion has been closed.