Citibank Download Issues - FDP-102 (QMAC)

Options
AB172
AB172 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I consistently have problems connecting to my Citibank banking accounts. Get error message FDP-102. This has been an ongoing issue for at least a year. I can always go to citi online directly and log-in so not an issue with their website down.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please try this:
    When attempting to connect / activate this credit card account, change the bank (financial institution) name to "Citi Cards" and be sure to select "Direct Connect" in the connection settings.
    Use the same ID and password as with all other Citi accounts.

• AB172
    AB172 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope, that does not work. My Citi credit card accounts connect and download just fine, its checking and savings accounts that do not work.

• ntrainer
    ntrainer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've used Quicken for many, many years to automatically download transactions from my Citibank MasterCard (the "Double Cash" card if that makes a difference), and now for the last 24 hours I'm getting errors from Quicken in connecting. I have no trouble logging into Citibank online whatsoever. What's going on?

The error message is "Care Code: FDP-102; Details: FI_TIMEOUT; Retry. IMJAC login failed"

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    Options

I receive the same error in Quicken Mac, but also have no trouble logging into Citibank online. The other thread mentions to try turning off 2-step authentication at Citibank. For me, this disabling setting did not help. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options

I am getting the same error with Quicken Mac.

Care Code: FDP-102

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT
    Retry. IMJAC login failed

• vpwr
    vpwr Member
    Options

Same problem here.

Details: Retry. IMJAC login failed

Error Code: FI_TIMEOUT (FDP-102)

• MarkFQ
    MarkFQ Member
    Options

I'm getting the same error since Saturday afternoon (Sept. 16, 2023). Continues as I'm writing this. No issue logging in to their website.

• kenjo
    kenjo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same for me (Costco Citi Visa card)

• KingMerrill
    Options

After more than 2 days with no success in trying to make a Quicken connection to Citi (Costco Visa card), the "IMJAC login failed" issue remains unresolved. There is no problem when I manually log in to the Citi website to view my account. The problem is connecting with Quicken to download credit card transactions.

• mlhill527
    mlhill527 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same here, with Costco Citi card. Started Saturday 9/16/2023.

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT

• Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same issue here since Sept. 14. Spoke Citi and they advised to "try again after Citi update 9/17". Tried again today, disconnecting download from Citi and reconnecting again. Failure with new error message "OFX Error: 16503". Quicken customer service says it's "error 102" and to wait 24-48 MORE hours for an "update" on this error. Quicken states that the update will appear here in the "Quicken community". Tedious.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

See the Alert that has been posted about this issue: UPDATED 9/13/23 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102.

What has been suggested to some QWin users who are experiencing this issue is to switch their connections from Express Web Connect (Quicken Connect for QMac) to Direct Connect. This requires them to deactivate/disconnect their current Citi credit card connections and then set up those accounts with the Citi Cards financial institution. I'm not sure how to do that in QMac but you can read how it is done in QWin in the thread at the following link which might provide you with some insight and assistance: Re: Costco Citibank Visa.

[Edited - Updated Link]

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• stevenbauman
    Options

same problem for me - tried working with Citi to fix - not on their end. Must be QUICKEN.

• Strolling Vegan
    Options

Been a problem for me for at least 2 days now, very annoying. Guess I'm glad to know I'm not alone, I hope this gets resolved soon.

• EZduzit
    EZduzit Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me Sep 18 & 19th 2023.

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Having the same problem last several days. Sorry to find there is no solution here.

For what it's worth, I have always been using the "Citi Cards" connection, which is supposedly the one that should work. But it no longer does. I've also tried Direct Connect which also fails with a different error and a reference to a web page that does not exist.

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, I found a solution that works for me. If it works for others it's pretty unbelievable that Quicken Support wasn't able to suggest it.

Here's what I did: Log into the Citi website. Click on Profile (upper right corner of window) and select More Settings. From the menu that appears, select Manage Your Desktop Apps.

Then select Add Access. You'll then have ten minutes to log in with Quicken. NOTE: I could only get this to work with Direct Connect, not with Quicken Connect. I don't really care which method works so long as one of them does, so this was fine with me.

Quicken logged in and downloaded transactions and now everything seems to be working correctly. The Citi web site now shows that Quicken Windows (even though I'm using Quicken Mac) is now active and connected to my account.

Hope this helps others.

• Strolling Vegan
    Options

THANK YOU, Dave in SF! Your solution worked for me too. I had to use the generic Citi card during setup which gave me the option of Direct Connect (it was grayed out if I chose Citi Costco as the card). It works again, and thank you again for telling us about this solution.

• mkh.finan
    mkh.finan Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to Dave in SF and Strolling Vegan. Their combination of tips helped me get a successful connection as well. As many others also indicated, this is obviously a Quicken Connect issue. Supposedly this was well tested prior to implementation. I understand that things change in the computing world, but the fact that there is been no posting to this thread by Quicken Support indicates that apparently Quicken for Mac is the red-headed step-child of Quicken apps. This is very frustrating, especially combined with their move to the subscription model many years ago. Come on, Quicken! The connection type is called "Quicken Connect"…shouldn't you be responsible for fixing it and giving updates here for your subscribers? Frustrated in Ohio!!!!

• JamesDaniel
    JamesDaniel Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue - credit card accounts are working but not savings account. For the savings account, should we be using "Citibank" or "Citi Cards" as the financial institution?

• Wayne Martin
    Options

My wife and I have 4 Citi card accounts which won't update now . we can access them by logging in directly to Citi web page.

• rjenks
    rjenks Member ✭✭
    Options

My downloading of credit card transactions stopped several days ago. I've tried multiple times per day and also have tried disconnecting the account and then reconnecting. Now I can got get it reconnected. I continue to get

Please try again later.

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT

• Davod
    Davod Member
    Options

I am having the same trouble using windows I did like you di and disconnected the account and can not reconnect it

• JeffN58
    JeffN58 Member
    Options

The method Dave in SF recommended seems to have worked for me too. Thanks.

• mlhill527
    mlhill527 Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine started working this morning (9/19), using Quicken Connect. It had stopped working last Saturday.

• JamesDaniel
    JamesDaniel Member ✭✭
    Options

For those of you who are saying that it is now connecting, is that true for savings accounts as well (not just credit cards).?Also, which financial institution are you using for savings accounts - "Citibank" or "Citi Cards"?

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked normally this morning (9/19)

• JamesDaniel
    JamesDaniel Member ✭✭
    Options

It is working now for me. I connected the CD with the financial institution "Citibank" - not "Citi Cards" (same login information) and it worked. Note that I was also prompted to connect the credit cards through "Citibank" but I had already done so successfully through "Citi Cards" and I chose to ignore the prompt from the "Citibank" connection. Thanks for your responses to me!

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    Options

Starting working for me this morning (9/19). Citi CostCo VISA.

This discussion has been closed.