Date and spelled out amount misaligned on Quicken wallet checks

Options
Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta

I had to reinstall my Check Printer, and when I was doing alignment checks, I managed to get the payee and amount lined up. But

-the date is about 1/4" too low

-the printed out amount is about 1/8" too high.

I'm using Quicken Premier R52.20, which is the the latest available version.

What to do? For checks inserted into a 2-window Quicken envelope, it's important to get the alignment OK. For checks where the payor provides an envelope, no real issue.

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are using Wallet Checks, you need to be sure to select "Wallet Checks (Check 21 …)" in your Printer Setup / For Printing Checks, not "Wallet Checks" … unless you are still using a very old, pre-2006 supply of (now unsupported) wallet check forms.

The difference between the two types is the location of the Date and the numeric amount fields. The Check 21 - format change required the numeric amount to be located in a precise location on the check and to be printed using Arial 10 pt. font only (so that automated check processing equipment at the banks could "read" the amount without human intervention)

• Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@UKR

Yup. I did not select the Check 21 option. Now I have perfectly aligned checks. 😀

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
This discussion has been closed.