One Step Update responds with No new quotes...were downloaded

Options
DericRock
DericRock Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

The one quote that it was not downloading was Agilent (ticker A) even though I haven't owned this for years and it was unchecked for download and hidden. I removed the ticker symbol A from the security, and now it won't download quotes for Citigroup (ticker C), which I do own and should be downloading, although the stock price is up-to-date so it seems to be downloading. I unchecked Citigroup for download and get the same message. This might have started when my TD Ameritrade accounts were converted to Charles Schwab. Any easy solutions to fix this? Thanks

Quicken user since 1995, now using Premier Subscription on Win10 Home.
Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a long-standing bug with the securities reported as not downloaded. I have never found the report to be reliable. The number of hit and missed securities (xx of yy) appears to be accurate.

From that accuracy, I have always found it necessary to review my portfolios to determine which securities are missing a current quote. (Currently, I am always getting one as reported missing and I have never identified that culprit.)

• DericRock
    DericRock Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @q_lurker for the response.

Does anyone else have any suggestions how to fix this?

Quicken user since 1995, now using Premier Subscription on Win10 Home.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To find a missing quote, do an Update Quotes in the evening of a day the market is open, after 7 PM Eastern time. Then go to a Portfolio view that shows the Quote/price column. Any security that does NOT have a little clock icon next to the price has a quote for the current day. You can hover over the clock icons of any other securities to see when the price was last updated.

Reasons the quote might not be updated include

• Download Quotes not checked in the Security list
    • Ticker symbol not recognized
    • No shares held AND Watch List not checked

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then go to a Portfolio view that shows the Quote/price column. 

That portfolio view also needs to be set up to show all securities in all accounts including the Watch List ‘account’.

This discussion has been closed.