Can't download from Schwab or update any of my schwab accounts.

Options

Hello, I'm using Quicken Home, Business and Rental property for Windows, (Windows 10). Quicken Version R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20

I haven't been able to download or update any on my Schwab accounts for the last 3 days. I have multiple Schwab accounts and my wife also has Schwab accounts and none are being updated. I have reset ALL of my and my wife's account and then reactivated them but still they are not updating.

I'm looking for suggestions to help resolve this problem.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @flyboy03051,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Did this issue occur after a recent update? What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions from your Schwab accounts?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• flyboy03051
    flyboy03051 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Jasmine,

Thank you for your response.

No error messages or error codes are displayed during the one step update process. I noticed the problem began about one week ago and I am not aware of any recent software updates.

During the update process I see the screen below. Once the Fidelity accounts are updated the other accounts still show "waiting" for about 2 or 3 seconds and then the screen clears and the one step update summary screen is displayed. There is no indication that the other accounts were updated or any errors may have occured. I then select my main investing screen and the updated information for all accounts except the Schwab accounts is displayed. Please note that sometimes I can get one or two Schwab accounts to update correctly. I tried resetting all accounts and then deactivating and resetting all online accounts but it did not solve the problem. I also tried to validate, rebuild the database with no improvement.

• dleimbach
    dleimbach Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am not able to update my Schwab accounts into Quicken. The last updagted transaction occurred on September 14th. No error message and unable to manually transfer the data.

• msramsey
    Options

Me too. This is utterly ridiculous.

• tckarenmac
    tckarenmac Member ✭✭
    Options

Also unable to download transactions. I can enter the transaction in my register, but then when looking at the portfolio view, the stock is not listed yet the amount of cash has been reduced.

• qknista
    qknista Member
    Options

I had a similar issue of not being able to download transactions, resetting accounts, and then receiving the error CC-501 when trying to reconnect. What ended up solving it was logging out and then logging back into my quicken account in Quicken.

Go to Edit menu, then Preferences:Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts

And then select "Sign in as a different user" in the right pane

Sign back in with your quicken account. (I may have restarted Quicken at this point, can't remember). And then try setting up the account again and/or downloading transactions.

Hope this helps!

• goofiness
    goofiness Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too. On and off for months. Every once in a while, my Schwab accounts are updated. This week, 10/10 and 10/11, no updates of shares, values, daily changes, etc. Very annoying with a product that should be saving me time, instead of wasting it.

This is coupled with sporadic requirement from Wells Fargo to do 2-step verification when logging in with Quicken. Customer service at Quicken says "Gee, we hear this a lot, but we have no idea why it's happening". Great.

Goofiness
    Quicken Deluxe; Y: 2021; V: R37.25; Build: 27.1.37.25
    Windows 10 Home; 64 -bit; V: 1809; OS Build: 17763.615
  • tckarenmac
    tckarenmac Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for sharing what corrected your account. I’ve tried many times to sign out, sign back in but still lacking transactions. What is really odd, is that I can’t even manually enter the transaction. The register shows the purchase, but the portfolio view only shows a reduction in the cash amount but the stock purchase is not there.
    I did speak with Quicken. Was on the phone a long time doing everything they told me to. Each time, same result. I gave up on them. I’m hoping the next update might correct the problem. A bit concerned because my TD Ameritrade accounts will be transferring to Schwab very soon! I have no problem with downloads at TD.

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't been able to download for the last two days. I haven't been able to log into Schwab.com, either. By the time I tried it on the mobile app, I had gotten locked out due to too many failed login attempts. I updated the password, and now the mobile app won't log in at all (the spinner just rolls around without end).

Conclusion: definitely not a Quicken problem. 😀

• Graceport
    Graceport Member
    Options

I haven't been able to download since the middle of September. Tried deactivating all of my accounts, logging out, logging back in, and reactivating (was able to reconnect some but not all of my Schwab accounts). No success. Tried logging out again and logging back in. No success. I'm able to manually enter simple transactions but not being able to connect to my primary brokerage account is troubling.

• Rocky47
    Rocky47 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is even worse for me (Quicken Premier for Windows, Windows 10) All my transactions since April are gone for 3 Schwab investment accounts. When I try to update Quicken says there are no transactions and changes the accounts to the Simple tracking method. Changing back, deactivating/reactivating or linking to a new account do not work.

• marciaj
    marciaj Member
    Options

I am so tired of this issue…. We have two different logins for our Schwab accounts (one for husband's IRA and one for mine). Apparently, Quicken and Schwab don't like this and keep wanting me to update my 3rd Party agreement.

I have no clue how to fix this and be able to download our transactions. I am tired of manually entering them.

Any clue as to why this is such an issue again? They got it fixed a year or so ago but it's back.

• Perch
    Perch Member ✭✭
    Options

Thius has been haapeing to me since September 19th and have spent hours on the phone with Quicken and Schwab. No one wants to own the issue. Is there an update? Did anyone get it working? It is not on their issue list

• Rocky47
    Rocky47 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am in the same boat as Perch. Quicken
    changed my Schwab accounts to "Simple View" with no notice. When I
    changed them back after a download there is a multi-month gap in all my
    Schwab registers and I have found no way to download those many
    transactions. (Schwab will not export a qxf file and Quicken will not
    import csv file)

Could some Quicken employee please weigh in with a solution.

• MSS79
    MSS79 Member
    Options

I've been able to download some Quicken accounts, but not others. I even deleted the Schwab accounts from Quicken that were not updating, and I've been trying to add those accounts for the last few weeks with no luck. I've probably tried 6-8 times. It is telling me that my accounts were authorized successfully, but then it times out and never adds the accounts. I'm not currently impressed.

• Perch
    Perch Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no feedback from Quicken - typical of todays companies. I have been with them since 1989 and it only gets worse every year. They do not even acknowledge the issues, I wish i had an alternative. It get annoying to show them the search from google that shows the issue. So disingenuous.

This discussion has been closed.