Are they ever building in subcategories for reports? (Q Mac)

Options
Sad Mac Convert
Sad Mac Convert Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports (Mac)

In my Mac for Windows days I used to be able to run an income and expense report by category, then have tags as subcategories. For example, Category: Food, tags Fast Food, Fine Dining, Grocery, etc. The report would display a total for Food, then within the Food category would subcategorize and total Fast Food, Fine Dining, Grocery, etc. It doesn't appear that Q4M has this capability still. Is this ever going to be a thing again? it is very cumbersome to have to create three separate 'tag' reports in addition to a category report to get the info that should be available in one report (and is available in the windows version).

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Not ever having used QWin, I'm not sure if this is the same, but you can create a report in QMac that has categories down the side and Tags across the top, creating columns of totals for each tag, with a grand total column at the far right. The report is called Category by Tag in the Crosstab group in the Reports menu. You can also create this by choosing Create Summary Report and choosing the appropriate options. If you wish to limit the categories and/or tags included, you can do that in the report customization.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.