Downloaded Transactions

Options

I have 694 transactions downloaded from my Fidelity account and first want to delete them all because they include both security transactions and checking book transactions so its a mess. I see where there was a question re: deleting them but I can't seem to "Select all" and delete so I can start over. I tried archiving but didn't eliminate them. Since I have been trading call options I would like to be able to download the transactions as it takes awhile to add a new option security. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the account's gear menu, choose Edit Multiple Transactions. The dialog that opens offers multiple selection and a Delete command.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• tfriedla
    Options

not sure that is what I need to do. I have downloaded transactions shown in the bottom of the screen dating from 5/2014 through 9/2019. These I want to delete and not the ones I entered myself in the top part of that page

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

That's a horse of a different color. Limber up your clicking finger. The downloaded-but-not-yet-entered transactions at the bottom can only be deleted one at a time.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• tfriedla
    Options

That's what I thought!! It's not just that easy since you have to select and then choose and then delete. QUICKEN- please find a way of fixing this! RJS- thanks for taking the time to respond.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

An idea to try in a COPY of your file: Accept All of the pending transactions. Once they are in the register, they can be deleted en masse using the procedure I mentioned above.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NOTE: Quicken will only download and present for acceptance a transaction ONCE in a given account. If you delete all of them, you will not be able to download them again into that account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.