Paycheck woes

Options
shifter952
shifter952 Member ✭✭

I'm paid weekly and I get behind a week or two at times. The "Income and Bill Reminder" page says my 9/8 paycheck is overdue.
Once I enter the paycheck, then it says my 9/15 paycheck is overdue.
Or at least it did. Now the reminder date no longer gets updated.
I still says "9/8", even I restart Quicken.
I've used Quicken for decades and this is the first I've seen this.
Is this a known issue?
Also, I got a raise recently and updated the "This check and future instances"
for this paycheck and the new values I put in aren't used when I enter new
paychecks. I've restarted Quicken after I updated the new paycheck numbers.
This is also a new problem.

Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since it is income and not a bill that would get you in trouble, have you thought about setting the reminder to "auto enter"?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• shifter952
    shifter952 Member ✭✭
    Options

Auto enter doesn't work for me, since my paycheck fluxes a few cents each week.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That means that you have to change what you have in the reminder whether you auto enter it or wait like you are doing now.

My phone bill differs slightly most months, but I have Quicken auto enter something that is fairly close and then tweak it when the bill finally downloads. Once tweaked, it matches the download and I accept the download.

I still suggest you try the auto enter for a few weeks to see if it might work out better for you. If it doesn't, you can always revert back to your current setup.

• Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

about a month ago, this started. I enter my paycheck, then update my checking acount. When it updates a second paycheck is entered, with the wrong amounts. I just delete it but I won't stop doing it.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like you have Quicken setup to auto-enter your downloaded transactions and it is not making the match to the existing transaction.

• kristenholt
    kristenholt Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this exact same issue. I fixed my paycheck when a deduction stopped and I updated my tax withholdings. It shows the correct amount in the reminder list, but when I go to enter it, it's the old amounts. So then I edit the split, the window shows up different than it used to, that fixes the amounts, but then the same things happen the next paycheck. And, the reminders don't go away, I have to enter it and then skip the reminder. Very frustrating and this never happened in the past. Started around June. Oh, and I tried deleting the paycheck and setting up a new one - and it deleted my entries for the whole year. I had to restore from a backup to fix it. So don't do this to try to fix. Does anyone else have some suggestions? None of the suggestions above will help. I don't do auto-enter or download my bank account transactions at all.

This discussion has been closed.