Option to show full screen calendar upon opening Quicken

Options
rewood
rewood Member
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

I have used Quicken for ~25 years. My two most used views by far are the calendar and the register from my bank account. I cannot bring up the calendar easiy, nor toggle between the full screen calendar and the full screen register. These would be very welcome improvements

Robert E Wood

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• DougRS
    DougRS Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been requesting for similar for years!!

I do use a Calendar icon in top menu/task bar but it ALWAYS opens as a small window and I must EVERY TIME resize window. And I use a minimized Calendar from icon at bottom left screen.

Additionally, simply use last calendar window size and position as default for anytime Calendar opens….the standard windows api.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a workaround, would adding a Calendar View to a Home tab Classic View page (or creating a new Classic View page, "My Calendar", containing only the Calendar View) help you in this situation? It opens bigger than the Tools / Calendar view page default size.
    Once created, you could optionally add this Home tab view as the Startup view, to be shown first when Quicken starts. (Edit / Preferences / Startup / Startup Location)

You can add an icon to the Quicken Toolbar as a one-click switch to a specific bank account register. Customize the Toolbar and select to "Use a specific account" then select the desired account register from a popup list.
    Once added to the Toolbar you can one-click switch to the account register and click the Home tab to bring up the My Calendar View.

• pcarst
    pcarst Member
    Options

Why was the Calendar removed and now hidden under tools? My most used screen!!!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, you can easily add a Calendar icon to the Quicken Toolbar row of icons. This gives you one-click access to Calendar view.
    Go to View / Customize Toolbar to add, rearrange or delete toolbar icons.
    Ensure that View / Show Toolbar has a checkmark.