Why do dashboard graphics only show USD transactions when I am using multi-currency? (Q Mac)

Options
bkmurphy
bkmurphy Member

Hi,

I am using the multi-currency function for Quicken for Mac with accounts in USD and MXN. I have successfully added my MXN accounts (and corresponding transactions), but when I look at the dashboard statistics — Income & Expenses and Spending by Category — I can only see my USD accounts. Is there a way to see my multi-currency accounts combined in my dashboards? I don't mind if the MXN transactions have to be converted into USD in order for this to be possible. It will be hard for me to monitor my spending and income if I cannot aggregate all of my accounts so I am open to any suggestions for workarounds.

Thanks!

Blaire

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The Dashboard only shows your "home" currency, as selected in Quicken Settings > General.

The Dashboard is a relatively recent addition to Quicken Mac, and is still evolving and being enhanced. the developers hasve said that support for multiple currencies is planed, as is the ability to select which accounts to include/exclude. We don't know when those enhancements are coming.

As you are doubtless aware, Quicken Mac only partially supports the use of multiple currencies. Reports also don't handle multiple currencies well, or at all. Supposedly, improvements to Quicken Mac to full embrace multi-currencies throughout the program are coming sometime in the future.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bkmurphy
    Options

Thank you, this is very helpful! It would be great if Quicken could expand the multi-currency function across dashboards, reports, etc., otherwise, there isn't much point in allowing users to add accounts in more than one currency.

This discussion has been closed.