Found bug in Reconcile

Options
RedCab
RedCab Member ✭✭

Reconciling a credit card.

I pay the full balance due every month.

Look at the attached screenshot - the sum of charges & debits DOES NOT EQUAL the cleared balance. (Red notations)

The amounts I entered for the reconciliation (Green notations) do match. The difference should be zero.

The incorrect $51.18 difference is the sum of the 4 oldest entries (noted 1,2,3,4 in blue). If I uncheck these 4 transactions the difference will go to zero, but the sum of the (now 33) charges will be $51.18 less, as will the cleared balance (still incorrect, but $51.18 less).

Quicken Deluxe, Windows 10 Enterprise, R52.20 Build 27.1.52.20

Best Answers

• RickD972
    RickD972 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've seen this before. go up to the top of your register (for the CC) and look at the opening/starting balance. I suspect it should be 0…but you will likely see $51.18.

• RedCab
    RedCab Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@rick.dietz THANK YOU!! That was it. Now the question is what caused the opening balance (many years ago!) to be changed to something non-zero and (by lucky observation, exactly equal to the sum of entries which were both unreconciled and uncleared ) ? Still a bug.

Answers

• RickD972
    RickD972 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've seen this before. go up to the top of your register (for the CC) and look at the opening/starting balance. I suspect it should be 0…but you will likely see $51.18.

• RedCab
    RedCab Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@rick.dietz THANK YOU!! That was it. Now the question is what caused the opening balance (many years ago!) to be changed to something non-zero and (by lucky observation, exactly equal to the sum of entries which were both unreconciled and uncleared ) ? Still a bug.

• RickD972
    RickD972 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure; obviously some bug; likely with reconcile as you indicated. I had never had an issue, then noticed that one day on 2 or 3 of my accounts. Occurred a few times over a couple of weeks…and now I've not seen it for months again.

• Jwilcox
    Jwilcox Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue except my opening balance is correctly $.00 I don't have any uncleared items in the register. It just started on this months reconcile.

This discussion has been closed.