Won't connect with financial institutions to download data via One Step Update (edit)

Options

Yesterday, it would sync all but Charles Schwab, no matter what i tried it would not sync. Then all others refused to sync. The process just freezes the program - waited 10 min to 60 minutes not difference. Last Quicken update is R52.20 Performed the Hand Fix. No difference.

Using Windows 11 - fully updated.

Help!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    • Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• rcwpag
    rcwpag Member
    Options

UKR: Thanks for the detailed response. Appears it is the data base, as I opened another Quicken data base and it sync'ed properly.

I took all the steps above (in the middle of the second try) a master update came through. Using all the methods detailed, it still starts to sync then freezes.

I restored a backup from a few days ago and it sync'ed but downloaded no date for the last 10 days. I then tried the C Schwab and it said it needed approval again but downloaded no data and froze towards the end and would not download, then the other sync's did the same.

What do I do?

It is taking too much time to fix, what is going on with sync - it has been unreliable for the past year or so. As a 30 plus year user it is loosing it worth….

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
      AND
    2. do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web browser-based app?
      The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem be caused by Sync?
      If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.
      If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
      Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud
    • Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

just a clarification - on terminology - you keep using -

SYNC - in the Quicken world refers to the Syncing between the Quicken Desktop and Quicken Cloud for access via Quicken Mobile and Quicken Web

you might be meaning "downloading" or "linking" of account transactions downloaded via One Step Update

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rcwpag
    rcwpag Member
    Options

Answer is NO to using mobile or sync mobile. I do understand the sync in Quicken terms is between desktop and cloud, so I am referencing it will no download data in the One step update.

As my data base now contains over 15+ years of data, my solution was to create a new datbase moving forward. Still keeping the old date in another file.

Found it easier to create new vs. trying to solve the problem.

Appreciate you assistance - but as of now one step update freezes and locks the program when it attempts to update, whether all accounts or only one… so it must be in my old data, as it updates in the new one without delay.

This discussion has been closed.