First Bank MO

Options

Windows, Premier, Online Banking at First Bank MO, they had a redo/redesign, I needed to create a new PW…………………deactivated FB in Quicken, trying to reactivate, but the Quicken message says cannot connect.

Here is my reply from FB asking if they allow Quicken:

We do not have a link to Quicken in this system. The transaction details can be downloaded in the following formats: BAI2; CSV; OFX; PDF; QBO; QFX and then uploaded.

We do have this connector on our enhancement requests.

? Does this mean I have to find a new bank? I don't know the formats listed above.

Thank you for helping,

Moose

Comments

• TomJC
    TomJC Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. First Bank redesigned their online banking this past weekend. After downloading transactions from their site in QFX format I then tried to import it into Quicken and received the following error "…unable to verify financial information for this download"… Have tried many things to troubleshoot, so far no luck.

• Cycolac
    Cycolac Member ✭✭
    Options

I just chatted with a Quicken agent. They stated "It appears to be that this financial institution no longer supports external connections. They might be doing this manually now, which means that you have to download the transactions from your bank and then import them into Quicken." They said to contact First Bank to see if they have any intention of restarting this service.

In the meantime, I went to the new First Bank website and discovered that they don't even offer Quicken as a file format as a download option under the "Payment Activity" tab. Only .csv.

So it would seem First Bank users are totally manual now. This, and the fact that they have gotten rid of every teller in every one of their branches might be what drives me to finally dump them and switch banks.

• Cycolac
    Cycolac Member ✭✭
    Options

@TomJC, where did you find the option to download a QFX file? All I could find was an option to download a .csv file under the "Payment Activity" tab.

• Cycolac
    Cycolac Member ✭✭
    Options

@TomJC….Nevermind, I found it. And I got the same error message you did.

• plumbstar
    plumbstar Member
    Options

I had the same issue with Quicken for Mac last week & was told that there would be no support. Works fine now

• tdub
    tdub Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI, I just tried downloading a QFX for my checking account from www.first.bank and it worked for me. I had to choose the correct account in Quicken when I opened the QFX file, but then it worked. It DID have a bunch of old transactions that it thought were "New", so I had to choose "Delete" on a bunch of older transactions. It had transactions going back to 03/17/2023.

• Tom Hartt
    Tom Hartt Member ✭✭
    Options

I too was unpleasantly surprised that the new First Bank online system lacks support for One Step Update. Worse, attempting the One Step Update for First Bank seems to crash Quicken's One Step Update process so that no subsequent account will update.

I too was able to export transactions to .qfx file and, by double-clicking the downloaded filename, have Quicken import the transactions.

Then it was a BIG nuisance to have to delete months of transactions before approving just the recent ones I lacked. For this, the First Bank responder had a good answer. Before you download transactions, filter the transactions to include only those that are dated after the last of the transactions you previously downloaded. With transactions thus filtered, your download and subsequent import will contain only your recent transactions. This is working for me.

• tdub
    tdub Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m pretty sure I tried filtering by date but still got transactions back to March 2023. Either way, after you go through the one-time pain of deleting old transactions that have already been reconciled, then Quicken will know that they are old and will no longer ask to reconcile old transactions in the file. E.g. last week I downloaded ten QFX file without any filtering, and Quicken only asked to match new transactions.

This discussion has been closed.