Can I change my user name on the community page

Options

I noticed it is using my first name and I would rather have my username be something else..

Best Answer

• RickD972
    RickD972 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I just went through this. while you will find help articles indicating you can change; likely you can not. a Mod will likely send you a PM and ask you what you would like your name to be changed to.

You can try going to your "Account & Privacy Settings". There is an icon to "edit" your username; but if similar to my scenario; you will see a message you do not have the rights to change what you would like the entire support community world to see.

It would seem to be a basic security principle to allow users to define what they wish their public Identity to be.

Answers

• RickD972
    RickD972 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I just went through this. while you will find help articles indicating you can change; likely you can not. a Mod will likely send you a PM and ask you what you would like your name to be changed to.

You can try going to your "Account & Privacy Settings". There is an icon to "edit" your username; but if similar to my scenario; you will see a message you do not have the rights to change what you would like the entire support community world to see.

It would seem to be a basic security principle to allow users to define what they wish their public Identity to be.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Carole,

What would you like your username changed to?

Thanks.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ganma98
    ganma98 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I should like it changed from Carole to ganma98

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Your username has been changed to "ganma98".

Have a wonderful day!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.