How can I get summary account balances to display today's balance

clharley
clharley Quicken Windows Subscription Member

After updating extensive releases today, my summary balance information now adds in future activity rather than displaying the balance as of today. Until today, the summary balances just included registry entries up to the current day.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you are referring to the balances shown on the Account Bar (left or right side), right click on some white space in the Account Bar and your can select whether you want "current" or "ending" balance shown.

If you aren't referring to the Account Bar, then provide the exact "summary balance information" you are looking at.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you are referring to the balances shown on the Account Bar (left or right side), right click on some white space in the Account Bar and your can select whether you want "current" or "ending" balance shown.

If you aren't referring to the Account Bar, then provide the exact "summary balance information" you are looking at.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If, what you're looking at is the Total at the bottom of the Account Sidebar, check the setting of Current Balance vs. Ending Balance. Click the gear icon in the Account Sidebar title to open the settings.

• clharley
    clharley Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thank you - Flipped switch to current and it's back to pre-release status

• ClaudeC
    ClaudeC Quicken Canada Other Member

Every time a new version gets out, there are problems, this time the "balance" is no longer there and I can't get it back, I hate this and it's not listed in "colloms"

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion is about the Account Sidebar, usually displayed on the left side of the Quicken window.
    Click the gear icon in the Account Sidebar title to see if "Show amounts" (and optionally "Show cents in amounts") is enabled.

If you are asking about something else, please start a New Discussion and provide more details about your problem.

This discussion has been closed.