What do I have to do to get Portfolio X-ray to work?

Options
Bradley Roseberry
Bradley Roseberry Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Windows Quicken Premier current version user.

Portfolio X-ray says

No Portfolio X-Ray data to display - At least one account with exchange traded securities needs to be selected to view the portfolio X-ray

Do I have to synch my investment files to the interwebs to get Portfolio X-ray to work? I do not Synch to Quicken Cloud, or update my portfolio to Investing.Quicken.com. My accounts are with normal everyday investing companies.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your securities must have valid ticker symbols.

At the top of the X-Ray window, start by selecting All accounts and All securities. Click on Refresh X-Ray. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the settings to take effect.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I select Refresh and then I have to select All Accounts again. Then the info loads. Kinda sad you have to do that but it works.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your securities must have valid ticker symbols.

At the top of the X-Ray window, start by selecting All accounts and All securities. Click on Refresh X-Ray. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the settings to take effect.

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OR you might start with one specific account you are very confident should show and perhaps one specific security and get that to work, then build from there.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I select Refresh and then I have to select All Accounts again. Then the info loads. Kinda sad you have to do that but it works.

• Bradley Roseberry
    Options

All, thank you for the responses. All securities are valid tickers. Either stocks or mutual funds.

those that have answered, do you synch with online quicken or investing.quicken.com?

• Bradley Roseberry
    Options

All Accounts, All securities, refresh, wait a day, refresh, x-ray works for individual accounts. Sad, but operational. Thanks all.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you get it to work with each account individually?

But working with all accounts still fails?

I’d then either

• Start from all accounts and selectively drop one at a time, or
    • Start with one account and selectively add one at a time.

• Bradley Roseberry
    Options

thanks q_lurker I meant that the refresh x-ray all securities and all accounts, wait a day, refresh again, and then all accounts came up in x-Ray Problem solved

This discussion has been closed.