Capital One new bill pay skipping accounts

Options

Quicken Windows latest release, started after latest update and Capital One improvements. Good news, my capital one credit card now shows in bill pay however you can not use quick pay. Problem is, I can not add another Capital One account, notably the one for my auto loan. It is linked to the same login as my credit card but does not pull the auto loan account. If I go to add it just says I can't because the only choice is my credit card. Any ideas? I would love for bill pay to actually be a complete product.

Answers

• Bryan Douros
    Options

Me too.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @willum03 and @Bryan Douros,

To help troubleshoot the issue, first, what is the exact name of the Biller? Is there an online biller connection option that matches that name exactly? If not, then which connection are you using?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

IMHO, you have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing. Note: limited number of free transactions per month.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat both actions every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken, every month, record a regular Scheduled Reminder to keep track of your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and transaction download capabilities were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• willum03
    willum03 Member ✭✭
    Options

While that's an extremely long answer, it doesn't address the change in Capital One which was touted as an improvement. My question here is specifically about Capital One.

Capital One, this change was noted in your latest release notes so you should start there with my question. All of your questions are answered in my prompt. The question is, Capital One has two connections for accounts my credit card and my auto loan, both which work fine for downloading transactions. But only one appears in the bill manager and it will not let me add the auto loan.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• willum03
    willum03 Member ✭✭
    Options

That process didn't work either, that's why I'm here!

This discussion has been closed.