Update to Quicken Classic dropped my one-step update data

Options

Today, Quicken 2017 updated itself to Quicken Classic. Now one-step update claims that it has downloaded investment information (which I do not store in Quicken) but does not download transactions from my bank accounts and credit cards -- it didbefore. I can get an "edit password vault" dialog box but everything in it is grayed out. How do I restore one-step update of my accounts?

Comments

• jsallen_1
    Options

And — when I try to update a credit-card account using a QFX file downloaded from the bank,, Quicken informs me that I am updating to an account which does not exist. The account exists in Quicken and it is the sam,me one at the bank.

• jsallen_1
    Options

Quicken is updating checking accounts when I downlaod using a QFX file, but tells me that the money market savings account does not exist in Quicken, same as with the credit card account at a different bank.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trying to get some information straight here. Unless you are using Canadian Quicken, 2017 stopped being able to download transactions in April, 2020. Subscription Quicken started in 2018 (2017 for Cdn) and is the only version that does downloads.

Please check Help→About Quicken for the release (Rxx.xx) that you are running. Please confirm whether it is US or Cdn.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jsallen_1
    Options

Yesterday my installation was upgraded automatically from Quicken Home and Business to Quicken Classic Business and Personal. I can't be sure just what version was running before, as it is no longer extant. Originally I had Quicken 2017 but it probably was updated previously, I just don't remember. The version number that shows now is R52.28, build 27.1.52.28. Until the upgrade, I was able to use One Step Update with all my bank accounts and credit card accounts. First time trying One Step update in Quicken Classic, it didn't work for any of my accounts, though it indicated that it had updated investment data. I don't have any investment data stored in Quicken! Next I tried updating by going to the bank Web sites online and downloading QFX files. I was able to download QFX files for bank accounts and import the data into Quicken — and after I had done that once, One Step Update apparently could update those accounts. (Quicken indicates that it updated them, though there were no new transactions second time around.) But — when I attempted to import data for a credit-card account from a QFX file to Quicken, I got the error message that the account does not exist in Quicken even though it does, and I selected it in the "Link to Account" dialog box. Very frustrating.

There was something in the upgrade notice about Quicken Classic using a new data format and that an imported file would have to be converted, however, Quicken Classic automatically opened the file I already had. Whether it performed a conversion automatically, I don't know. Whether this has anything to do with the update problem, I also don't know. How I would convert the file manually if necessary, i don't know either.

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting that they have time to issue an update which changes the logo, but not time to fix the ongoing Elan problem.

I talked with Elan and they said the problem is Quicken. Their site works fine.

• KernBuckle
    KernBuckle Member ✭✭
    Options

Download accounts are now missing from OSU. Only Stock prices and Bills are downloading.

• KernBuckle
    KernBuckle Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Tried to validate file and Quicken stops responding.

This is all after the 52.28 update.

[Removed - Language] Quicken??

• gailmb
    gailmb Member
    Options

Following the 52.28 update I am unable to download using One Step Update. I receive the error message: Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least 10 minutes, then try again. We apologize for this inconvenience.

I have tried closing Quicken, re-booting my device and nothing is resolving this issue.

Now I am manually updating my accounts.

Is anyone else having this issue? Do you have a solution?

• kemcclintock
    Options

I was upgraded to Classic and have been unable to get the One Step Update to work since. I have to go to my bank and load that direction every time. When I run it from Quicken, as everyone has stated, it states it updated, but it did not.

I have looked for anything that needs to be updated or reconnected. I even created a new file. I was hoping someone had a solution here.

This discussion has been closed.