Downloading historic stock prices x

Options
repminfin
repminfin Unconfirmed, Member

I've been using Quicken for 15 years an a household finance management tool and not as a share portfolio management tool. I would now like to use Quicken to help track investments however having downloaded my stock portfolio from TD, I see no historic share prices. What am I going wrong? Thanks

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What have you done so far to download your stock portfolio?

QWin Premier subscription
  • repminfin
    Options

Thanks Jim. I'm just downloaded my portfolio from TD - share holdings. On the last sync it shows a stock price which seems to be out of date. When I sync it shows no errors but doesn't seem to be building a stock price history. Thanks for you help

• Jim_Harman
    Options

Ok, it sounds like your account is in what Quicken calls Simple mode.

If you click on the name of your TD account in the Account bar on the left side of your screen, do you see a list of transactions similar to what you see with a bank account, or do you see a dashboard with 4 large squares?

• repminfin
    Options

A list of transactions - thanks

• Jim_Harman
    Options

OK good. While viewing the account, click on Holdings. This displays the account's Account Overview window. Next to Show: pick Value.

You should see each of the securities you own in the account, along with the current price per share and the number of shares you own. Are these numbers correct?

If the share prices are out of date, click on the gear at the top right of the Account Overview and select Get online quotes.

You can click on the name of each security and see a graph of Quicken's price history.

If you still have problems, please post back and describe what you see.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

are you downloading from TD or from Schwab

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• repminfin
    Options

Thanks again Jim.

I see the list of shares and positions in my portfolio when I click on the portfolio name in the left hand column. When I click on the "Security Detail View" on each entry a dialogue box opens up with the details of the security. A blank chart apears which giving you the ability - I imagine - to show historical prices - but its blank. If I go back to the share position list and click the gear symbol and click "update quotes only" something seems to happen but no history is provided. I'm downloading from TD

• repminfin
    Options

It seems to log the most recent shareprice but no history

• Jim_Harman
    Options

Go to Tools > Security list and find the securities. Make sure the Download Quotes box is checked and the ticker symbols are correct.

Quicken only downloads historical prices for publicly traded securities.

Are you running the US or Canadian version?

• repminfin
    Options

The download quote box is correct

I run the canadian version - thanks

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you posted to the US area - will have this topic moved to the Canadian side…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• repminfin
    Options

ok - thanks

• repminfin
    Options

I've been using Quicken for 15 years an a household finance management tool and not as a share portfolio management tool. I would now like to use Quicken to help track investments however having downloaded my stock portfolio from TD, I see no historic share prices. What am I going wrong? Thanks

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@repminfin If you are still having difficulty with this, I can probably assist. If you haven't already solved the issue, please provide a seen shot of how you have one of the securities set up, e.g. a screen shot of the Edit Security Details box. And, please note what methods you tried to get download pricing. Also, please note whether you use One Step Update.

This discussion has been closed.