R52.28 One Step Update crashes

Options
Tim Johnson
Tim Johnson Member ✭✭✭

Hello,

Since I installed the latest Quicken Deluxe for Windows (R52.28, Build 27.152.28) two days ago, the first time I run One Step Update after opening my Quicken database, it runs for a bit, then Quicken crashes. When I restart Quicken, and repeat these steps, One Step Update runs successfully and Quicken remains running so I can do what I need to do.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have some new information about this problem. It seems to only happen on the first use of One Step Update (immediately after opening the Quicken database) and Quicken does not have mouse/keyboard focus. I.e., Quicken is not at the top of the Z-order.

Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
  • RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's definitely not normal and not the case for the great many of us. It seems the update did not go well on your computer. There would be any one of a 1001 reasons for this. Likely, this behavior will be corrected with the application of the next update. But, to fix it now, the first step would be to disable Mobile & Web and see if that remedies the issue. If it still crashes, I would reapply the update patch. If that doesn't work, revert back to a version that did. After verifying proper operation, restart your computer, and apply the latest update patch.

This discussion has been closed.