Will Quicken 2006 or 2011 operate on Windows 11?

Options
warjo
warjo Member

I have been using Quicken 2006 for Windows on my PC which has Windows 7. Additionally I have a disc for Quicken 2011 for Windows but I prefer Quicken 2006.

Thus I have 2 questions:

Will my Quicken 2006 for Windows operate on Windows 11?

Would my Quicken 2011 for Windows operate on Windows 11?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

are you getting a new PC with Win11 ?
    It’s not so much about older Quicken running on Win11, but how to install it - as the servers used to authenticate Quicken install no longer exist from that time period. So… you will need to download a slightly more current version - like 2013 - and go from there.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I used Quicken 2004 then I upgraded to 2013. Yes it was a little learning curve but 2013 is great. Give it a good chance. You will like it.

You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013. Then it should be more stable and run on newer computer systems.

You can download 2013 Deluxe directly from Quicken for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

FYI - All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like - .IDX, .QEL, .QPH & .QDF, and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF in starting in 2010.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.