Reverting Back to Quicken 2013 [Edited]

Options
patstef
patstef Member ✭✭

I no longer want to keep using 2023 quicken i want to go back to 2013 quicken how can i copy my files in 2023 and import to 2013? 2023 is not for me ,

Thank you any help would be much appreciated

Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this link from QuicknPerlWiz. https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/changetransfers.html

It covers a lot of things you will want to know. I did this myself for my non-investment accounts and I am currently running it in parallel with subscription Quicken on a second computer. I tried the investment accounts, but decided it was too much effort and since my investments are all with one brokerage, I can get what I want from their website.

I wholeheartedly suggest using ImportQIF (by QuicknPerlWiz) to convert the .QDF/.QIF/.CSV files that you download to properly formatted .QIF files, it works great.

It does/can involve a lot of work to make the reversion.

The biggest hassle I have with QW2013 is that when a QIF file is imported, it does a poor job of matching. I have a transaction from a business that routinely has the same price every time and even though the last transaction was over 7 days ago, it wants to match the new download to an existing transaction when it should be "new" and not matched.

If you are reverting, QW2013 is definitely the version to revert to since it is the last one without requiring a Quicken Id for registration.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• patstef
    patstef Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank You so much for your reply, let me ask, since i am not tech savvy, is this something i can do? I run a business with a lot of customers and i don't want to mess up or lose my files.

2023 has caused me so many issue , from not knowing what invoices i have printed to not being able to email invoices without taking a 4 more steps than i needed its just a pain in the a** so i bought 2013 of ebay , and tried to install on my new laptop for business and that was a fail don't have 32 bit it says so put on my other desktop and now i cant get my files off my new laptop and 2023.. i'm so over quicken, if i could learn something else in a minute i would but been using quicken since 2004. So really don't want to go to another accounting software . Sorry im rambling, just aggervated.

Again thank you for any info help. ill check out quickenperlwiz Thanks

This discussion has been closed.