Paycheck woes part 2

Options
kristenholt
kristenholt Member ✭✭

I see many reported issues, and then the discussion is closed, but this issue is not fixed. I am on version 52.28, the latest version (and apparently now the Classic - wish it was, that version worked!)

Paycheck edits do not save, I have to update them every single paycheck. My paycheck is no longer showing as a "paycheck" - and I can't restore from a backup now, it has been happening for months (I saw this suggestion in another post). I already tried to make a new paycheck to fix it, but when I did that and deleted the old one from the reminder list, it deleted every paycheck entry for the whole year (maybe more, I don't know I had to restore from a backup to fix and then I decided to live with the issue).

So, now, every payday, I have to manually correct my amounts - even though the correct net amount shows in the reminder list, when I click on it to enter it reverts to the old unedited amounts, so then I edit and enter. Then I have to skip the reminder, because it doesn't recognize that I entered it, every time. I tried editing all future instances, but that brings up the split screen as discussed in other posts, and it still doesn't save the edits anyway.

I don't understand how this broke, and I don't understand why it isn't being fixed. This is basic functionality that has worked since I started using Quicken in 1994! And why did you close other threads, this problem clearly has not been fixed.

The only thing I can think of is to set up a new paycheck, and keep skipping the old one? I haven't tried that yet.

Comments

• El Chupacabra
    El Chupacabra Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have the exact same problem. Paychecks show up as regular split transactions now. Similarly, I had to restore my file when trying stop the old paycheck and create a new one deleted all of my historical paycheck data… my file goes back 5 years, and it wiped them all out.

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

This discussion has been closed.