IRA Account register shows a Security Value, yet Holdings shows no securities in account

Options
varlene
varlene Member ✭✭

I have an IRA account that is cash only. Each quarter, I just post a miscellaneous income or expense to match the value shown on the statement. Quicken, however, is showing a security value at the bottom, but there is no security shown in Holdings, never been a security associated with the account, so I haven't the foggiest idea where it got this number from, which is added to cash value making the total account value incorrect. Has anyone seen this before or know a way to fix it?

Comments

• Johnrryden
    Options

I have the same problem. was this ever answered?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @varlene and @Johnrryden,

Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• varlene
    varlene Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This was never set up as an online account. There are just manually-entered IRA cash contributions for several years plus a MiscInc or MiscExp cash transaction every quarter so that the account balance would match the balance on the quarterly statement.

• varlene
    varlene Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Johnrryden, I was able to resolve the issue. I have a 401k at the same institution that did not have the problem. So when I looked at the Tools > Account List mentioned by @QuickenJasmine, I noticed that I had reconciled my IRA today while I had never reconciled the 401k account. I know, out of habit from reconciling other financial institutions where everything is in a security without any cash, I stupidly entered $0 as cash value, so Quicken must have gotten confused, and made up a security value for the IRA account. I reconciled again using the correct 9/30/2023 cash value, and the security value became $0, which is correct. Hope this helps you too. Please do let me know.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @varlene,

Thank you for coming back to share.

We are happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.