How to create a report to summarize income from zero coupon Treasury bills

Options
snsokstan
snsokstan Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I have a monthly income report for dividends and regular interest. It's not capturing the return on my 3- and 6-month zero coupon T-bills.

Can someone show me a report that will summarize monthly or quarterly the income for redeemed bonds as well as the as-yet unpaid interest on bond that haven't matured (expressed as difference between purchase price and current market price)?

I can get close to that with an investment report but that doesn't show the market value for the T-bill that haven't matured.

Q Mac Classic/Version 7.3.1 (Build 703.50428.100)

MacOS 13.5.2

Comments

• Ploooplooo
    Ploooplooo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

T Bills and zero coupons are not dealt with specifically/correctly by Quicken.

1. Yet to be paid interest is irrelevant because interest and dividends are not taxable until received. Furthermore, you don't know what the interest is until either (a) you sell the T Bill, or (b) it is redeemed.
    2. If the T Bill is redeemed at maturity or sold before maturity, make sure the transaction is booked as a "Sell Bonds" (also make sure original purchase was booked as a "Buy Bonds").
    3. Finally, once the T Bill is either sold or redeemed and booked correctly in Quicken, it will appear on Quicken Reports → Tax → Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses.

Hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.